Senior Vice President & Director
1450 Front Street
San Diego, CA 92101
Phone: (619) 238-2111
Star Hughes-Gorup is a senior vice president and director at Hughes Marino, San Diego’s leading commercial real estate firm that exclusively represents tenants and buyers.
As a key member of Hughes Marino’s brokerage team, Star has created a niche for herself working alongside her father, Jason Hughes, where the two are in active negotiations for over 1,000,000 million square feet of leases at any given time in the premier commercial markets in the county.
A proud member of the millennial generation, Star regularly writes and speaks about her experience as a young, professional woman in a competitive, male-dominated industry. She has appeared in national, regional and local publications as well as on local TV news programs as a millennial voice on a variety of topics including business, technology, and education.
Star earned her Masters of Business Administration at University of San Diego, completing the two-year program in one year at the age of twenty-one. Star graduated at the age of nineteen from University of San Diego with her Bachelor of Business Administration, after completing her undergraduate degree in two years. In addition to graduating summa cum laude with a 4.0 overall GPA, Star served as the president of Mortar Board, a national collegiate senior honor society.
When she’s not at work, Star enjoys traveling with her husband, decorating, hiking, spending time with family, and writing for Hughes Marino’s “Spaces We Love” blog.
- — University of San Diego, MBA
- — University of San Diego, BBA
- Professional Activities
- — California Department of Real Estate Licensed Broker
— Broker License #01907998
- Honors and Awards
- — Broker of the Year, five-time winner — The Irvine Company
- — Women of Influence 2019, Mentor of the Year — Real Estate Forum
- — 2019 Top Leaders Under 40 Award Winner — San Diego Business Journal
- — San Diego’s Women Who Mean Business, three-time winner — San Diego Business Journal
- — Business Woman of the Year Finalist, two-time winner — San Diego Business Journal
- — Young Leader Award — San Diego Magazine
- — San Diego’s Woman of the Year Finalist, three-time winner — San Diego Magazine
- — San Diego’s 40 Under 40 Award, two-time winner — San Diego Metro Magazine
- — San Diego’s 30 Under 30 Award — San Diego County Patch
- — Emerging Generation Award Finalist — San Diego Business Journal
- — San Diego Power Women in Real Estate Honoree — Bisnow
- — San Diego’s Young Influentials, two-time nominee — The Daily Transcript
- — Power Broker Award Winner — CoStar
- Civic and Charitable Activities
- — Downtown San Diego Partnership — Board of Directors & Executive Committee
- — San Diego Regional Chamber Young Leaders — Board Member