Senior Vice President & Director
Star Hughes-Gorup is a senior vice president and director at Hughes Marino, an industry-leading commercial real estate firm that exclusively represents tenants and buyers.
As a key member of Hughes Marino’s brokerage team, Star has created a niche for herself working alongside her father, Jason Hughes, where the two are in active negotiations for over 1,200,000 million square feet of leases at any given time in the premier commercial markets in the county. To date, Star has been instrumental in facilitating transactions for more than 1,000,000 square feet of commercial space.
A proud member of the millennial generation, Star regularly writes and speaks about her experience as a young, professional woman in a competitive, male-dominated industry. She has appeared in national, regional and local publications as well as on local TV news programs as a millennial voice on a variety of topics including business, technology, and education.
Star earned her Masters of Business Administration at University of San Diego, completing the two-year program in one year at the age of twenty-one. Star graduated at the age of nineteen from University of San Diego with her Bachelor of Business Administration, after completing her undergraduate degree in two years. In addition to graduating summa cum laude with a 4.0 overall GPA, Star served as the president of Mortar Board, a national collegiate senior honor society.
Star worked throughout her undergraduate degree as the marketing director at Hughes Marino. While attending the MBA full-time, Star worked at one of San Diego’s leading financial institutions, RA Capital Advisors, and as a management consultant for Van der Horst Energy Limited in Singapore.
When she’s not at work, Star enjoys traveling with her husband, decorating, and writing for her blog at starhughesgorup.com.
- — University of San Diego, MBA
- — University of San Diego, BBA
- Professional Activities
- — California Department of Real Estate Licensed Broker
— Broker License #01907998
- — Washington State Department of Real Estate Licensed Broker
— Managing Broker License #26650
- — Kentucky Real Estate Commission Licensed Principal Broker
— Broker License #223503
- Honors and Awards
- — Broker of the Year, three-time winner — The Irvine Company
- — Emerging Generation Award Finalist — San Diego Business Journal
- — San Diego’s 40 Under 40 Award, two-time winner — San Diego Metro Magazine
- — San Diego’s 30 Under 30 Award — San Diego County Patch
- — Young Leader Award — San Diego Magazine
- — San Diego’s Women Who Mean Business, three-time winner — San Diego Business Journal
- — San Diego’s Woman of the Year Finalist, three-time winner — San Diego Magazine
- — San Diego’s Young Influentials, two-time nominee — The Daily Transcript
- — San Diego Power Women in Real Estate Honoree — Bisnow
- — Power Broker Award Winner — CoStar
- — Top 100 Finalist, 2017 Business Women of the Year — San Diego Business Journal
- Civic and Charitable Activities
- — Downtown San Diego Partnership — Board of Directors & Executive Committee
- — San Diego Regional Chamber Young Leaders — Board Member
- — San Diego Private Bank — Community Advisory Board
- — Mortar Board San Diego Alumni Group — Board of Directors
- — Lawyers Club of San Diego — Professional Advancement Committee
- — Beta Gamma Sigma — Lifetime Member
- — San Diego Symphony — Symphony Sweetheart
- — Jewish Family Service of San Diego — Ways to Work, Loan Committee, past
- — Expanding Your Horizons — Volunteer, past
- — Fresh Start Surgical Gifts — Development Intern, past