Lots of crazy stuff happening in downtown!
- Sempra is trying to find a better alternative to staying put (which is tough to do)
- Arrowhead Insurance (now owned by Brown & Brown Insurance – a public insurance company based out of Daytona, Florida) is contemplating a consolidation of their Mission Valley operation with their current space in downtown – but still might relocate to the suburbs
- Golden Eagle Insurance has committed to move to Mission Valley (leaving 525 B Street where they were once 200,000 square feet!)
- BOSA closed escrow on the old high-end retail mall known as the Paladion two weeks ago for $27 million (they’re looking to ultimately build high-rise condos on the land – but in the meantime they’ll looking for some short-term office users)
- And the most juicy – The City of San Diego – I can’t talk about given that I was recently appointed the Special Assistant to the Mayor to advise him on the City’s downtown real estate options. As most of our readers know, we keep our client information confidential – but we love sharing all the other stuff going on!
Jason Hughes is chairman, CEO, and owner of Hughes Marino, an award-winning commercial real estate company with offices across the nation. A pioneer in the field of tenant representation, Jason has exclusively represented tenants and buyers for more than 25 years. He writes about topics in commercial real estate from a tenant’s perspective on his blog, Downtown Dirt. Contact Jason at 1-844-662-6635 or email@example.com to learn more.