Executive Vice President
San Francisco, CA 94105
Phone: (415) 431-3211
David Marino is executive vice president and co-founder of Hughes Marino, an award-winning commercial real estate firm committed to only representing tenants in their lease and purchase transactions of commercial space. Before Hughes Marino was founded in early 2011, David was a principal at Irving Hughes, having joined that firm in 1995. Prior to that, David was a broker with Langdon Rieder, a Los Angeles-based tenant advisory firm, where David pioneered the opening of the San Diego office from 1991 through 1995, but left Langdon Rieder soon after the company was sold to CBRE. From 1989 to 1991, David was with the San Diego office of Trammell Crow Company, where he was an in-house leasing agent for the suburban office and industrial group. David became part of Trammell Crow Company originally through a summer internship in Long Beach in between his first and second year of graduate business school at The University of Southern California.
David has been exclusively representing tenants since 1991, completing over 15,000,000 square feet, comprised of over 1,000 transactions. David specializes in high-value, time-critical and complex transactions for technology, life science and business service companies. Generally these companies are in office and flex facilities, but David also does a significant amount of industrial tenant agency work, with a small amount of retail. David represents clients in San Diego, Orange County, Los Angeles, and the Bay Area, and also represents many California-based clients on a national basis.
He is an expert in the strategic planning, market assessment, financial analysis, business terms structuring and negotiations aspects of commercial real estate. David authors the Hughes Marino quarterly market update, and is often quoted in local and regional articles about the state of the commercial real estate industry, and its trends. David has been a featured speaker at dozens of industry events, including the graduate schools at USD and USC, and is considered to be a regional thought leader on commercial real estate and corporate use of space. David has an in-depth command of the entire facility lease, purchase and disposition process, and is well versed in areas of space planning, design and construction issues.
- — University of Southern California, MBA with emphasis in real estate & finance
- — University of California, Riverside, B.S. in economics
- Professional Activities
- — California Department of Real Estate Licensed Broker,
— Broker License #01059021
- — University of San Diego Graduate School of Real Estate — Guest Lecturer
- — University of Southern California Graduate School of Real Estate — Guest Lecturer
- — University of Washington Graduate School of Business and Undergraduate Business School — Guest Lecturer
- Honors and Awards
- — Broker of the Year (every year since 2005) — The Irvine Company
- Civic and Charitable Activities
- — 27th Annual Museum of Contemporary Art San Diego’s Monte Carlo Night — Chairperson
- — Voices For Children Starry Starry Night Annual Fundraiser — Chairperson
- — Voices For Children — Community Advisory Committee Member
- — BIOCOM — Past Board of Directors and Secretary