Executive Vice President
1450 Front Street
San Diego, CA 92101
Phone: (619) 238-2111
David Marino is executive vice president of Hughes Marino, the largest tenant representation company in San Diego. Hughes Marino is committed to only representing tenants in their lease and purchase transactions of commercial space.
David specializes in high-value, time-critical and complex transactions for technology, life science and business service companies. He is an expert in the strategic planning, market assessment, financial analysis, business terms structuring and negotiations aspects of commercial real estate. David has an in-depth command of the entire facility lease, purchase and disposition process. David has been exclusively representing tenants since 1991, completing over 15,000,000 square feet, comprised of over 1,000 transactions.
Selected public company clients include Alphatec Spine, 150,000 SF; Cytori, 18,000, 60,000 and 91,000 SF; Encore Capital, 9,000, 25,000, 32,000 SF and 51,000 SF; Entropic Communications, 8,000, 24,000, 30,000, 90,000 and 132,000 SF; Kratos, 33,000 SF and national assignments including Orlando for 92,000 SF; LRAD, 31,000 SF; Peregrine Semiconductor, 23,000, 25,000 and 48,000 SF; Silicon Valley Bank, 2,000, 5,000 and 8,000 SF; Volcano Corporation where David did all of their work in North America for over a dozen leases from 3,000 to 93,000 SF; Senomyx 65,000 SF; EcoATM, 53,000 SF; and Sequenom Inc., 82,000 SF.
Selected venture-backed and private equity-backed clients include Mitchell International, 141,000 SF; SmartDrive Systems, 4,000 SF, 13,000 SF and 23,000 SF; Tritech Software, 40,000 SF; and Xifin for 60,000 SF. Other notable clients include BioLegend, 9,000 and 66,000 SF; Competitor Group, 57,000 SF; Cooley LLP, 90,000 SF; D&K Engineering, 71,000 SF; Glanbia Nutritionals, 104,000 SF; Hallmark Circuits, 72,000 SF; Provide Commerce, 30,000 SF, 60,000 SF and 154,000 SF; Quantum Design for 49,000 SF and 50,000 SF; and The Scripps Research Institute for 112,000 SF.
- — University of Southern California, MBA with emphasis in real estate & finance
- — University of California, Riverside, B.S. in economics
- Professional Activities
- — California Department of Real Estate Licensed Broker
— Broker License #01059021
- Honors and Awards
- — Broker of the Year (each year 2005-2016) — The Irvine Company
- — 40 Under 40 People To Watch 2003 — SD Metro
- — Broker Of The Year 2000 — San Diego County Commercial Association of Realtors
- Civic and Charitable Activities
- — 27th Annual Museum Of Contemporary Art San Diego’s Monte Carlo Night — Chairperson
- — Voices For Children Starry Starry Night Annual Fundraiser — Chairperson
- — Voices For Children — Community Advisory Committee Member
- — San Diego Venture Group — Past President and Chairman
- — The Gillispie School La Jolla — Board of Directors
- — BIOCOM — Past Board of Directors and Secretary
- — University Of San Diego Graduate School Of Real Estate — Guest Lecturer
- — University Of Southern California Graduate School Of Real Estate — Guest Lecturer
- — San Diego Metro — Featured Monthly Columnist
SD Commercial Real Estate Market Report
FAVORITE HUGHES MARINO CORE VALUE
Always do the right thing because it drives all behavior and transcends all aspects of your life.