Senior Vice President
2 Park Plaza
Irvine, CA 92614
Phone: (949) 333-3111
Jeffrey Shepard has focused 25 years of his career on tenant advocacy, having exclusively represented tenants since 1989 in their lease and purchase transactions for commercial space across the United States.
Jeff’s transaction experience includes managing and negotiating large office industrial leases, building sales/purchases, early renegotiations, expansion and contraction negotiations, build-to-suit projects, and land sales/purchases. He has negotiated and structured over 8 million square feet of transactions valued at more than $2.1 billion for a number of national, regional and local companies. Jeff has also developed more than 2 million square feet of industrial space.
His experience as a real estate professional and developer gives Jeff’s clients a unique and valuable insight into the motivation, objectives, and areas of financial exploitation typically employed by owners and developers. His thorough understanding of the entire real estate process, landlord/owner motivations and the intricacies of effective leveraging have allowed Jeff and his team to deliver extraordinary savings to their clients while protecting them in the commitments they make.
Clients include Pacific Life (31,000, 27,000 and 22,000 sf); D-Link Systems (120,000 sf – twice); Glumac Engineers (18,000, 12,000 and 10,000 sf); Johnson & Johnson (13,000 sf); Hero Nutritionals (61,000 and 16,000 sf); Paper Mart (225,000 sf); The Child Abuse Prevention Center (11,000 sf); The Girl Scout Council (24,000 sf); and VHA (42,000 and 17,000 sf). In addition, Jeff has had many national assignments, including nearly a decade serving as the Account Director for Test America’s national portfolio, comprising over 100 facilities ranging from 1,000 to 65,000 sf.
Jeff is a recognized commercial real estate expert throughout Orange County and is deeply immersed in the fabric of the Orange County business and non-profit communities.
- — University of California, Los Angeles, MBA, Valedictorian (summa cum laude)
- — Williams College, B.A. (magna cum laude)
- Professional Activities
- — California Department of Real Estate Licensed Broker
— Broker License #01103419
- HONORS AND AWARDS
- — Broker of the Year, 2014 — The Irvine Company
- Civic and Charitable Activities
- — The Child Abuse Prevention Center — Board of Directors (past Chairman); Co-Chair of the Annual Charity Golf Classic, 2005-2012.
- — Working Wardrobes — Board of Directors
- — Make-A-Wish Foundation — Board of Directors (past)
- — The Pegasus School — Board of Directors (past)
- — Convene Leadership Forum — Member, 2012-present