J.P. Roach, Esq.
Senior Vice President
2 Park Plaza
Irvine, CA 92614
Phone: (949) 333-3111
J.P. Roach, a Southern California native, combines his business and legal background to produce a unique and effective form of zealous advocacy for his clients. J.P.’s practice, which is focused on tenant corporate users of real estate throughout Southern California, is a natural extension of his background as an attorney, which in turn provides an invaluable asset in representing his clients. JP brings a strong work ethic, solutions oriented mentality, and personable communication skills to the Hughes Marino team.
J.P. specializes in Southern California technology, biotech, medical device, life science and business services companies. J.P. has gained expertise in tenant representation, strategic planning and needs assessment, site selection, financial analysis, negotiation and transaction structuring for lease re-locations/expansions, lease renewals, early lease restructures, build-to-suit developments, and property acquisitions.
Prior to joining Hughes Marino, J.P. worked as an attorney at several respected litigation firms. J.P. is a member of the State Bar of California and is admitted to practice before the United States District Court, Southern District of California.
J.P. graduated from law school in San Diego with a dual JD/MBA degree from Thomas Jefferson School of Law and Point Loma Nazarene University. He completed his undergraduate studies at the University of California, Santa Barbara with a B.A. in business economics.
J.P. and his wife, Courtney, also an attorney, live in Laguna Beach with their two kids, Ellery and Rylan, and their two Labradoodles, Chief and Cooper. In his free time, J.P. enjoys swimming, surfing, traveling, running marathons, playing tennis, and spending time with family and friends.
- — Thomas Jefferson School of Law, J.D.
- — Point Loma Nazarene University, MBA
- — University of California, Santa Barbara, B.A. in business economics
- Professional Activities
- — California Department of Real Estate Licensed Broker
— License #01902837
- — State Bar of California
— Bar #276642
- — Admitted, United States District Court, Southern District of California
- — San Diego County Bar Association — Past Member
- Honors and Awards
- — Broker of the Year, 2016 & 2017 — The Irvine Company
- — Broker of the Quarter, 2017 — The Irvine Company
- — Top Attorneys Finalist for Real Estate & Construction Litigation — The Daily Transcript
- — Young Attorneys Finalist — The Daily Transcript
- — CALI Award, Jefferson Medal, and Witkin Award of Excellence
- — Pro-Bono Honors Award Program
- Civic and Charitable Activities
- — Y-FRIENDZ program of the YMCA — Mentor to a young boy whose father is incarcerated
- — Surfrider Foundation — Member
- — San Diego Repertory Theatre — Board of Trustees