Troy Ortiz, Esq.
Troy Ortiz, associate attorney at Hughes Marino, works closely with the general counsel to support the company’s representation of tenants and buyers.
Prior to joining Hughes Marino, Troy worked at a boutique labor and employment litigation firm where he represented employees and individuals in claims for unpaid wages, wrongful termination, retaliation, and various forms of discrimination under state and federal law. In addition, Troy has experience representing injured plaintiffs in personal injury suits, and defending employees charged with breaches of fiduciary duty and trade secret misappropriation.
Troy graduated magna cum laude from Thomas Jefferson School of Law. While in law school, Troy was a senior notes editor for the Thomas Jefferson Law Review, as well as a teaching assistant for both tort and property law courses. In addition, Troy interned with the United States District Court for the Southern District of California, the San Diego County Public Defender’s Office, and with several local law firms. Troy is admitted to practice in the State of California and before the federal courts of the Southern District of California.
Prior to attending law school, Troy graduated from the University of California, Santa Cruz, earning his B.A. in literature with a minor in legal studies. As an undergraduate student, he worked as a journalist for the City on a Hill Press.
In his free time, Troy enjoys competitive sailing, traveling with his wife, hiking, and snowboarding.
- — Thomas Jefferson School of Law, J.D., magna cum laude
- — University of California, Santa Cruz, B.A. in literature with a minor in legal studies
- PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES
- — State Bar of California
— Bar #298317
- — Admitted, United States District Court, Southern District of California
- CIVIC AND CHARITABLE ACTIVITIES
- — San Diego Mesa College School of Business & Technology — Advisory Board Member
- — Louis M. Welsh Inn of Court — Associate
- HONORS AND AWARDS
- — Thomas Jefferson Law Review — Member, 2011 – 2013