Senior Vice President, LAS
Ed Muna is a senior vice president with Hughes Marino. Ed has a unique position in the company where he is part of the brokerage team and also heads the company’s Lease Administration and Audit Services. This duality of experience ensures that Ed is never operating in a vacuum in negotiating for his clients, as he understands how all of the operating expense details of a transaction feed into the 3-10-year operating issues that a tenant will actually experience over their lease term. Ed is particularly well versed in the process of buying, selling and financing of facilities, and all due diligence aspects involved in those processes. Ed’s experience stretches across all aspects of corporate real estate activities including strategic planning, negotiations and transaction structuring, lease renewal and renegotiation, development, asset management and facility purchases.
A twenty-plus-year veteran of the commercial real estate industry, Ed brings his clients valuable insight that has been achieved through the management and negotiation of hundreds of lease transactions comprised of millions of square feet of office, industrial, medical and retail space. Ed is a strong believer in building long-term relationships with his clients, and is committed to being an available resource for the duration of their leases.
Prior to joining Hughes Marino in 2011, Ed spent twenty years on the landlord side of the table where he started and oversaw the in-house leasing and management divisions for two large property owners, Southwest Value Partners (formerly the largest landlord in Downtown San Diego) and Lankford & Associates. In those roles, Ed specifically oversaw all of the property management and accounting functions in each organization, giving him a unique understanding of how building systems and landlord organizations operate that is more refined than most brokers in the industry from that experience. In addition to high-rise office leasing and operations, Ed also oversaw life science wet lab facilities and suburban office parks.
Ed resides in San Diego, but regularly travels to Hughes Marino’s other California offices. Ed personifies Hughes Marino Core Value #4: Embrace the family spirit, as his wife, Kelly, and son, Michael, also work at Hughes Marino.
- — San Diego State University, B.S. in business administration
- Professional Activities
- — California Department of Real Estate Licensed Broker
— Broker License #01048885
- — Certified Property Manager (CPM) designation from the Institute of Real Estate Management
- Civic and Charitable Activities
- — San Diego Community Enhancement Program — District 3 Representative; served on Supervisor Dave Roberts' Community Enhancement Review panel for two years (2013-2014) to review and make recommendations on more than 600 grant applications totaling nearly $10.8 million in funding requests.
- — Rancho Bernardo High School Foundation — President (since 2012)
- — Downtown San Diego Partnership — Active Member and past Executive Board Member
- — San Diego North Chamber of Commerce — Past Public Policy Chair
- Honors and Awards
- — “Hats off to Volunteers” recognition — Rancho Bernardo Community Foundation
- — 40 Under 40 — SD Metro