Careers at Hughes Marino
Social Media PR Intern
About This Position
Hughes Marino is an award-winning tenant representation firm that is transforming the commercial real estate industry. Based in California and 100% family owned, we are an exciting and growing company with offices currently located in San Diego, Orange County, Los Angeles, San Francisco, and Silicon Valley. We exclusively represent tenants and end users of space – the local businesses, corporations and nonprofit organizations that make California a great place to live and do business – and we do it with an exceptional level of service and unmatched expertise that have made us a leader in our industry for over 25 years.
As our company continues to grow, we are seeking talented, motivated teammates who embody our ten core values. We pride ourselves on being one of Southern California’s most award-winning companies, including #7 Best Small Workplace in the Nation by Fortune Magazine, #2 Top Company Culture in the Nation by Entrepreneur Magazine, and #1 Best Place to Work by Los Angeles Business Journal. Hughes Marino is like family, and we have a culture of collaboration, support, innovation, and fun!
We are looking for superstar team members who deliver excellence every day, proactively communicate with others, pursue growth and learning, and build lasting relationships based on trust. You must be character-first, efficient, detail oriented, an independent worker, and want to be part of our exciting future. If this sounds like you, then we want to meet you and encourage you to apply!
- The start date of this summer internship would ideally be June 1st.
- This is an exciting opportunity for a paid summer internship in the Marketing and Public Relations side of the dynamic commercial real estate industry.
- For the right candidate, the internship has potential to turn into a full time, long-term opportunity with the San Diego Hughes Marino team.
- The Social Media PR Internship based out of our downtown San Diego headquarters.
- Responsibilities may include, but not be limited to, writing press releases, updating social media accounts (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest), event photography, photo editing, design of marketing materials, and serving as a point of contact for members of the media.
- The typical work week may be 10 a.m. – 5 p.m., Monday/Wednesday/Friday or Tuesday/Thursday. Exact hours and days are flexible though.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Desired Skills and Experience
- We are looking for a Social Media PR Intern who is wholesome, trustworthy, and mature.
- Must have a pleasant personality and the ability to work well in a team environment.
- Must live by Hughes Marino Core Value #10: Be authentic, grateful and humble.
- At least one year of writing, data entry, social media and marketing/PR experience preferred.
- Must be a strong writer with excellent spelling, grammar, punctuation, and proofreading skills.
- Must have experience writing press releases and distributing to various media outlets.
- Experience developing and editing social media content for Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Pinterest.
- Experience with event photography and post editing.
- Proficiency with Adobe Photoshop and InDesign.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite including Excel, Outlook, and Word.
- A great eye for design.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Must be pursuing or have completed a degree in Journalism, Communication, Business, or a related field, at a four-year university.
- If currently enrolled in school with active student status, you must be in good academic standing.
- Preferred: 1-2 years work experience in a professional environment where both interpersonal and social media/marketing/PR skills have been utilized.
- $13/hour, plus paid parking
How to Apply
We are looking for a mature and trustworthy intern to assist our Marketing and Public Relations team in our downtown San Diego headquarters. If you’re interested in learning more, please send your resume with a cover letter to email@example.com. Tell us more about yourself and why you think you are that special someone we need to have on our team!