Careers at Hughes Marino
Salesforce Project Lead
About This Position
Hughes Marino is an award-winning tenant representation firm that is transforming the commercial real estate industry. Based in California and 100% family owned, we are an exciting and growing company with offices currently located in San Diego, Orange County, Los Angeles, San Francisco, and Silicon Valley. We exclusively represent tenants and end users of space – the local businesses, corporations and nonprofit organizations that make California a great place to live and do business – and we do it with an exceptional level of service and unmatched expertise that have made us a leader in our industry for over 25 years.
As our company continues to grow, we are seeking talented, motivated teammates who embody our ten core values. We pride ourselves on being one of Southern California’s most award-winning companies, including #7 Best Small Workplace in the Nation by Fortune Magazine, #2 Top Company Culture in the Nation by Entrepreneur Magazine, and #1 Best Place to Work by Los Angeles Business Journal. Hughes Marino is like family, and we have a culture of collaboration, support, innovation, and fun!
We are looking for superstar team members who deliver excellence every day, proactively communicate with others, pursue growth and learning, and build lasting relationships based on trust. You must be character-first, efficient, detail oriented, an independent worker, and want to be part of our exciting future. If this sounds like you, then we want to meet you and encourage you to apply!
- We are looking for an experienced, full-time Salesforce Project Lead that will thrive in a fast-paced environment to join one of Fortune Magazine’s Best Places to Work. We offer an award-winning culture, generous salary, excellent benefits, and long-term career opportunity as a full-time member of the dynamic Hughes Marino team.
- The Salesforce Project Lead will be based out of our stunning Hughes Marino downtown San Diego, CA headquarters located in the desirable area of Little Italy.
- The Salesforce Project Lead will work directly with our management team to identify, coordinate, and track new projects, while maintaining and improving upon our existing highly customized Salesforce environment in support of Hughes Marino’s operations and business development teams.
- Develop a deep level of understanding of how users with different roles work in the organization.
- Build a strategic understanding of the business systems architecture and how they support operations.
- Work with the operations and business development teams to identify and prioritize projects.
- Lead project meetings to gather requirements, discuss design, review features, get/present status updates.
- Write and maintain documentation on project requirements.
- Work with development team to determine project scope, requirements, level of effort, feature priority, and project schedule.
- Write and maintain the project plan and schedule and communicate to all parties.
- System test new features, recreate and verify issues, and document bugs.
Desired Skills and Expertise
- Experience managing a complex Salesforce development project from beginning to end.
- Ability to think like a user – understand team member roles and how they work.
- Experience owning and performing system testing in a customized Salesforce environment.
- Experience developing in and maintaining a customized Salesforce environment.
- Experience in a hands-on technical leadership position overseeing a team of developers.
- Experience administering a Salesforce environment. Proficiency working with standard and custom details in Salesforce – fields, page layouts, record types, objects, reports, dashboards, etc.
- Fluency outside the IT suite with proven ability to speak to the business, take direction, and collaborate within a diverse team both internally and externally.
- Advanced knowledge and practical experience with application design principles, patterns, and practices.
- Must be a creative thinker and have the ability to recognize and solve problems by thinking outside the box.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to details.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Fun to work with and sense of humor appreciated.
- Salesforce.com Administrator certification strongly preferred.
- 6+ years of project management or project lead experience.
- 4+ years experience working within the Salesforce platform on an Administrative or Development level.
- Salesforce development experience required, SOQL and VisualForce preferred.
- Familiarity with Marketo and integration with Salesforce preferred.
- B.S. or B.A. in computer science related field from a four-year college or university.
How to Apply
Applicants are required to submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Be sure to include in your cover letter your desired salary range, a summary of your relevant past experience, applicable certifications, and indicate if you are familiar with Marketo integration with Salesforce.