Careers at Hughes Marino
About This Position
Hughes Marino is an award-winning tenant representation firm that is transforming the commercial real estate industry. Based in California and 100% family owned, we are an exciting and growing company with offices currently located in San Diego, Orange County, Los Angeles, San Francisco, and Silicon Valley. We exclusively represent tenants and end users of space – the local businesses, corporations and nonprofit organizations that make California a great place to live and do business – and we do it with an exceptional level of service and unmatched expertise that have made us a leader in our industry for over 25 years.
As our company continues to grow, we are seeking talented, motivated teammates who embody our ten core values. We pride ourselves on being one of Southern California’s most award-winning companies, including #7 Best Small Workplace in the Nation by Fortune Magazine, #2 Top Company Culture in the Nation by Entrepreneur Magazine, and #1 Best Place to Work by Los Angeles Business Journal. Hughes Marino is like family, and we have a culture of collaboration, support, innovation, and fun!
We are looking for superstar team members who deliver excellence every day, proactively communicate with others, pursue growth and learning, and build lasting relationships based on trust. You must be character-first, efficient, detail oriented, an independent worker, and want to be part of our exciting future. If this sounds like you, then we want to meet you and encourage you to apply!
- This is an exciting opportunity for students seeking a paid internship in the dynamic commercial real estate industry.
- These internships will be based out of our West Los Angeles or Orange County offices.
- We have multiple openings in West Los Angeles and Orange County. Please specify in your application which location and which semester/quarter you would like to intern with us.
- Operations intern responsibilities might include assisting with research and data organization, assembling marketing deliverables and supporting our West Los Angeles or Orange County operations teams with various projects.
- The typical work week may be 10 a.m. – 5 p.m., Monday/Wednesday/Friday or Tuesday/Thursday. Exact hours and days are flexible though, depending on your class schedule.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Desired Skills and Expertise
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite including Excel, Outlook, and Word.
- Internet research experience in course work, and/or internships.
- Must have a pleasant personality and the ability to work well in a team environment.
- Must live by all ten of our Hughes Marino core values.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Must be an undergraduate or graduate student pursing a degree in real estate or social sciences or related field.
- Must currently hold active student enrollment status and be in good academic standing.
- Preferred: 1-2 years work experience in a professional environment where both interpersonal and research skills have been utilized.
- $13/hour; paid parking included
How to Apply
We are looking for talented and enthusiastic operations interns to assist our West Los Angeles (WLA) and Orange County (OC) operations teams. If you’re interested in learning more, please send your resume with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please remember to specify in your application which office, WLA or OC, and which semester/quarter you would like to intern with us.