Careers at Hughes Marino
Hughes Marino is a nationally award-winning tenant representation firm that is transforming the commercial real estate industry. With an outstanding culture and 100% family owned, we are an exciting and growing company with offices throughout California – San Diego, Orange County, Los Angeles, San Francisco, and Silicon Valley – and in Seattle, Washington.
As our company continues to grow, we are seeking talented, motivated teammates who embody our ten core values. We pride ourselves on being one of the most award-winning companies, including #7 Best Small Workplace in the Nation by Fortune Magazine, #2 Top Company Culture in the Nation by Entrepreneur Magazine, and #1 Best Place to Work by Los Angeles Business Journal, among many others. Hughes Marino is like family, and we have a culture of collaboration, support, innovation, and fun!
We are looking for superstar team members who deliver excellence every day, proactively communicate with others, pursue growth and learning, and build lasting relationships based on trust. You must be character-first, efficient, detail oriented, an independent worker, and want to be part of our exciting future. If this sounds like you, then we want to meet you and encourage you to apply!
For more information about our dynamic culture, please visit Hughes Marino’s blog, LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Watch our video for in-depth insight into Hughes Marino’s award-winning culture!
- This is an exciting opportunity for students seeking a paid internship in the dynamic commercial real estate industry.
- We have multiple brokerage and operations internships year-round.
- The brokerage internship is best suited for students seeking valuable experience in the sales, development, and investments side of commercial real estate.
- The operations internship is best suited for students seeking valuable experience in the operations, marketing, and administrative side of commercial real estate.
- For the right candidate(s), upon graduation these internships have potential to turn into exciting full-time opportunities with the Hughes Marino team!
- These are entry level, ground floor opportunities for graduating students pursuing a successful brokerage or operations career in tenant representation.
- Responsibilities might include assisting with research and data organization, assembling marketing deliverables and supporting our brokerage and operations teams with various projects.
- Our offices are open 8 a.m.-5 p.m., Monday-Friday. Exact work hours and days are flexible, depending on your class schedule.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Desired Skills and Expertise
- Brokerage interns must possess a strong ability to interpret and effectively present financial information and analytical data.
- All interns must be proficient in the entire Microsoft Office Suite including Excel, Outlook, and Word.
- Internet research experience in course work and/or internships is desired.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Pleasant personality and the ability to work well in a team environment.
- Must live by all ten of our Hughes Marino Core Values, especially #10: Be authentic, grateful and humble.
- Must be an undergraduate or graduate student pursing a Bachelor’s degree. Studies in business, economics, or real estate are preferred for brokerage interns, but not required.
- Must currently hold active student enrollment status and be in good academic standing.
- Preferred: 1-2 years of work experience in a professional environment where both interpersonal and research skills have been utilized.
- $13/hour; paid parking included
How to Apply
We are looking for talented and enthusiastic interns to assist our Hughes Marino broker and operations teams.
- The Los Angeles, CA team is looking for operations interns only.
- The Orange County, CA team is looking for operations interns only.
- The Seattle, WA team is looking for both brokerage and operations interns.
Please apply by sending your resume with detailed cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Specify clearly in your email subject line which internship (brokerage or operations), the team you are hoping to join (Los Angeles, Orange County, or Seattle), and the session you are interested in. Examples of email subject lines: “Operations Intern LA, Fall ‘17” or “Operations Intern OC, Winter ‘18” or “Brokerage Intern Seattle, Spring ’18.”
Be sure to also indicate in your cover letter your availability by providing the exact days and hours you can assist our team. Applications submitted without cover letters will be incomplete and will not be considered.
The brokerage and operations internships offer valuable experience in two distinct areas of our company. Please apply only to the opportunity that best aligns with your future career tract; do not apply to both.