Careers at Hughes Marino
Hughes Marino is a nationally award-winning tenant representation firm that is transforming the commercial real estate industry. With an outstanding culture and 100% family owned, we are an exciting and growing company with offices throughout California – San Diego, Orange County, Los Angeles, San Francisco, and Silicon Valley – and in Seattle, Washington.
As our company continues to grow, we are seeking talented, motivated teammates who embody our ten core values. We pride ourselves on being one of the most award-winning companies, including #7 Best Small Workplace in the Nation by Fortune Magazine, #2 Top Company Culture in the Nation by Entrepreneur Magazine, and #1 Best Place to Work by Los Angeles Business Journal, among many others. Hughes Marino is like family, and we have a culture of collaboration, support, innovation, and fun!
We are looking for superstar team members who deliver excellence every day, proactively communicate with others, pursue growth and learning, and build lasting relationships based on trust. You must be character-first, efficient, detail oriented, an independent worker, and want to be part of our exciting future. If this sounds like you, then we want to meet you and encourage you to apply!
For more information about our dynamic culture, please visit Hughes Marino’s blog, LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Watch our video for in-depth insight into Hughes Marino’s award-winning culture!
- This is an exciting opportunity for someone seeking a paid internship in the Human Resources side of the dynamic commercial real estate industry.
- We have one immediate opening in our downtown San Diego headquarters.
- Responsibilities may include, but not be limited to, researching and collecting data for various HR initiatives, preparing materials for candidate interviews, and creating applicant files.
- The typical work week may be 10 a.m. – 5 p.m., Monday/Wednesday/Friday or Tuesday/Thursday. Exact hours and days are flexible though, depending on your class schedule.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Desired Skills and Experience
- We are looking for someone who is sweet, wholesome, trustworthy, and mature.
- Must have a pleasant personality and the ability to work well in a team environment
- Must live by Hughes Marino Core Value #10: Be authentic, grateful and humble
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite including Excel, Outlook, and Word
- Internet research experience in course work, and/or internships
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Must be pursing a degree in Human Resources, Business, or a related field
- Must currently hold active student enrollment status and be in good academic standing
- Preferred: 1-2 years work experience in a professional environment where both interpersonal and research skills have been utilized.
- $13-15/hour, plus paid parking.
How to Apply
We are looking for a mature and trustworthy intern to assist our Human Resources team in our downtown San Diego headquarters. If you’re interested in learning more, please send your resume with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Tell us more about yourself and why you think you are that special someone we need to have on our team!