Careers at Hughes Marino
Hughes Marino is a nationally award-winning tenant representation firm that is transforming the commercial real estate industry. With an outstanding culture and 100% family owned, we are an exciting and growing company with offices throughout California – San Diego, Orange County, Los Angeles, San Francisco, and Silicon Valley – and in Seattle, Washington.
As our company continues to grow, we are seeking talented, motivated teammates who embody our ten core values. We pride ourselves on being one of the most award-winning companies, including #7 Best Small Workplace in the Nation by Fortune Magazine, #2 Top Company Culture in the Nation by Entrepreneur Magazine, and #1 Best Place to Work by Los Angeles Business Journal, among many others. Hughes Marino is like family, and we have a culture of collaboration, support, innovation, and fun!
We are looking for superstar team members who deliver excellence every day, proactively communicate with others, pursue growth and learning, and build lasting relationships based on trust. You must be character-first, efficient, detail oriented, an independent worker, and want to be part of our exciting future. If this sounds like you, then we want to meet you and encourage you to apply!
For more information about our dynamic culture, please visit Hughes Marino’s blog, LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Watch our video for in-depth insight into Hughes Marino’s award-winning culture!
- This is an incredible opportunity to work in direct partnership with Hughes Marino’s ownership and marketing team.
- As Graphic Designer, you will work in collaborative partnership with our creative in-house team. If you enjoy helping others, are incredibly organized, and have the technical acumen and graphic design skills to produce high level marketing pieces, this is the position for you!
- The Graphic Designer will design and create deliverables for internal and external purposes, both creative and corporate in nature, and will be responsible for certain aspects of the marketing team efforts.
- Projects will include, but are not limited to, brochures, advertisements, mailers, newsletters, presentation books, event materials, promotional items, apparel, and internal cultural pieces.
- The Graphic Designer will work within Hughes Marino’s operations team and will be based out of our San Diego headquarters.
- This is a salaried, full-time position, including full health benefits, generous vacation time (plus extra time off around the holidays), parking, 401k, FSA, and lots of fun team-building events throughout the year.
- If you are an incredibly organized and meticulous person with the skills to thrive in a fast-paced environment, then we want to meet you. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits, and a long-term career opportunity as a valued member of the Hughes Marino family.
Desired Skills and Experience
- The Graphic Designer is a very important position on our team, ideally filled by someone looking for a long-term role working closely with our ownership and current marketing team for years to come.
- A highly skilled graphic designer who is a jack of all trades—an individual with well rounded experience in marketing, branding, graphic design, copywriting, advertising, and production.
- Great understanding of visual communication, graphic design, and typography.
- A master file technician with hands-on experience producing and managing content and graphic design, from project inception to delivery.
- Extensive experience preparing digital files for prepress.
- Ability to integrate written and artistic messages so that deliverables provide unified theme.
- Highly collaborative and supportive team player who proactively communicates with ownership, the creative team, internal/external clients, and vendors so everyone understands the requirements and project timeline clearly.
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing schedules and priorities. Must complete projects under pressure in a timely and accurate manner.
- Excellent organizational and follow through skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work both independently and with a team.
- Kind-hearted, enthusiastic, flexible and people-oriented. Enjoys working with different personalities and can adapt to others’ working styles while achieving team’s goals and objectives of projects and deliverables.
- A minimum of 2-4 years experience designing corporate print materials.
- Expert proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite programs, specifically InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and Acrobat.
- High level of proficiency using Microsoft Office programs, including Word, Excel, Project, and PowerPoint to create layouts and templates.
- Proficiency in WordPress, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, and Google Plus.
- Intermediate knowledge of web design and HTML.
- Must have impeccable attention to detail and exacting standards regarding file setup, organization, pre-press, color management, and overall quality control.
- Bachelor’s degree related to design, graphics or creative arts required. Bachelor of Fine Arts in graphic design a plus.
- Commercial real estate experience is NOT required.
$45,000-$55,000, depending on experience
How to Apply
If you are interested in joining our team, please send an email to the attention of owner and Chief Operating Officer, Mrs. Shay Hughes, at email@example.com.
In order to be considered for the position, all of the following items are required in your application.
- A copy of your resume
- A detailed cover letter explaining why you are the perfect candidate for our Graphic Designer role. Let us know why you are that special someone we need to have on our Hughes Marino team.
- Include in your cover letter your desired salary range.
- A link to your portfolio where we can view samples of your work.
- We encourage you to submit additional creative materials that will help us get to know you better and/or will demonstrate your knowledge and expertise in graphic design.