Careers at Hughes Marino
About This Position
Hughes Marino is an award-winning tenant representation firm that is transforming the commercial real estate industry. Based in California and 100% family owned, we are an exciting and growing company with offices currently located in San Diego, Orange County, Los Angeles, San Francisco, and Silicon Valley. We exclusively represent tenants and end users of space – the local businesses, corporations and nonprofit organizations that make California a great place to live and do business – and we do it with an exceptional level of service and unmatched expertise that have made us a leader in our industry for over 25 years.
As our company continues to grow, we are seeking talented, motivated teammates who embody our ten core values. We pride ourselves on being one of Southern California’s most award-winning companies, including #7 Best Small Workplace in the Nation by Fortune Magazine, #2 Top Company Culture in the Nation by Entrepreneur Magazine, and #1 Best Place to Work by Los Angeles Business Journal. Hughes Marino is like family, and we have a culture of collaboration, support, innovation, and fun!
We are looking for superstar team members who deliver excellence every day, proactively communicate with others, pursue growth and learning, and build lasting relationships based on trust. You must be character-first, efficient, detail oriented, an independent worker, and want to be part of our exciting future. If this sounds like you, then we want to meet you and encourage you to apply!
- For the right candidate(s), upon graduation the brokerage intern position has potential to turn into an exciting full-time brokerage opportunity with the Hughes Marino Los Angeles team!
- This is an exciting entry level, ground floor opportunity for graduating students pursuing a successful brokerage career in tenant representation within the dynamic commercial real estate industry.
- The internship will be based out of our West LA office.
- We have multiple openings for winter, spring and summer ’17. Please specify in your application which session you are interested in.
- The typical work week may be 10 a.m. – 5 p.m., Monday through Friday. Exact hours and days are flexible though, depending on your class schedule.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Desired Skills and Expertise
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite including Excel, Outlook, and Word.
- Ability to interpret and effectively present financial information and analytical data.
- Internet research experience in course work, and/or internships.
- Must have a pleasant personality and the ability to work well in a team environment.
- Live by Hughes Marino Core Value #10: Be authentic, grateful and humble.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Must be an undergraduate or graduate student pursing a degree in real estate or social sciences or related field.
- Must currently hold active student enrollment status and be in good academic standing.
- Preferred: 1-2 years work experience in a professional environment where both interpersonal and research skills have been utilized.
How to Apply
We are looking for talented and enthusiastic interns to assist our Los Angeles broker team. If you’re interested in learning more, please send your resume with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.